Below are some steps how you can plant and cultivate eggplant seedlings:
- A spot full of sunlight is needed. This is because eggplants need 6 to 8 hours sunlight per day to grow well.
- A well-drained sandy loam or loam soil is needed.
- Water well to moisten the soil to a depth of at least 6 inches so the soil is moist but never soggy.
- You can add a layer of mulch to retain moisture of the soil.
- A balanced fertilizer can be applied every two weeks.
- Don’t add too much nitrogen in the soil because it can cause excessive vegetative growth.
- It takes 65– 80 days for eggplants to be ready and planters can finally harvest.
- Finally, you can use the eggplants to make several dishes or use the eggplants in several dishes such as Turkey-Stuffed Eggplant.
Follow all the steps mentioned above and water your plants regularly, you will be the winner of your own actions and the reward will be harvesting. They can be for own use, sharing or selling.