Get our Cassava Powder(Manioc) from our online market store for only 120.00 MUR.
Method of cooking:
- Peel the skin of the cassava and grate the cassava
- Let them dry in the sun
- Then grind the cassava to make it into a powder
How to store our cassava powder (manioc) at home:
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Cassava is a calorie-rich vegetable that contains plenty of carbohydrates and key vitamins and minerals.
- Moreover, it is a good source of vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. The leaves, which are also edible if a person cooks them or dries them in the sun, can contain up to 25% protein.
- However, the cassava root does not deliver the same nutritional value as other tuber vegetables.
- Tapioca starch is gaining attention as a source of gluten-free flour to make bread and other baked products that are suitable for people with an intolerance to gluten.
- Furthermore, it is a source of resistant starch, which scientists suggest can boost a person’s gut health by helping nurture beneficial gut bacteria. Resistant starches remain relatively unchanged as they pass through the digestive tract.
In addition to eating cassava, people also use it for:
- feeding animals
- making medications
- manufacturing fabrics, paper, and building materials, such as plywood
- making bioethanol for the fuel.