Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that has become increasingly popular in recent years. The plant is native to southern Mexico and Central America. Today, it is grown all over the world.
It is also known as pitaya, pitahaya, and strawberry pear.
- It’s rich in antioxidants like flavonoids, phenolic acid, and betacyanin. These natural substances protect your cells from damage by free radicals — molecules that can lead to diseases like cancer and premature aging.
- It’s naturally fat-free and high in fiber. It makes for a good snack because it can help keep you full for longer between meals.
- It can strengthen your immune system. Dragon fruit is high in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which are good for your immune system.
- It can boost your iron levels. Iron is important for moving oxygen through your body and giving you energy and has iron. And vitamin C helps your body take in and use the iron.
- This fruit has an amazing superpower that helps decrease bad cholesterol levels and replenish good levels
- They have a high fiber content, which can assist with poor digestion and constipation. Eating the flesh and seeds, which contain good protein, will keep your body fortified and satisfied.
You can eat dragon fruit in several ways :
Toss it into a fruit salad along with other tropical fruits like pineapple and mango. Cut it into a salsa. Churn it into ice cream. Squeeze it into juice or water. Use it as a topping for Greek yogurt. Or freeze it and blend it into a smoothie.