Buy a banana tree, Agromoris Mauritius for the best deal.
How to grow a banana tree
- Look up your area’s temperature and humidity-Humidity should be at least 50% and as constant as possible.
- Banana plants grow best with 12 hours of direct, bright sunlight each day.
- Choose an area with good drainage. Bananas require a lot of water but are prone to rotting if the water does not drain adequately.
- Consider growing it indoors. If your outdoor environment is inadequate, you’ll need an indoor location with similar requirements (12 hours bright light and constant warm temperature and humidity).
- Place the plant upright in the new soil. The leaves should be pointing upward and the soil should cover the roots and 1.5–2.5cm (0.5–1 inches) of the base. Tamp the soil down to keep it in place but don’t pack too firmly.
- Fertilize monthly a short distance from the trunk. Use store-bought fertilizer, compost, manure, or a mixture of these.
- Water frequently but avoid overwatering. Underwatering is a common cause of banana plant death, but overwatering can cause the roots to rot.
use of banana tree
- we can eat edible sweet bananas
- You can even eat the stem.
- can make use of stem fibers as natural craft materials.
- You can use banana plant fibers to make garments.
- Banana leaves can be used as natural leaf platters.
- Steamed banana leaves can be used for packing your lunch.
- You can use steamed banana leaves to make wrapped desserts.
- Banana flowers are edible.
- Banana plant rhizomes have many medicinal uses.
Health benefits of a banana tree
- a rhizome is a treasure house of minerals and vitamins including calcium.
- The flower of banana is boosted metabolism and is a boon for breastfeeding moms apart from preventing heart diseases.
- The fruit which is extremely rich in potassium, fiber & vitamin C works wonders for digestion and helps prevent constipation