Buy ready to use fresh purple and white cabbage slice from Agromoris Mauritius at only 50.00 MUR
Cabbage is a cool-season vegetable full of antioxidants and nutrient-rich.
Cabbage is incredibly healthy food. This vegetable has a good nutrient profile, and particularly high amounts of vitamins C and K. Additionally, the consumption of cabbage can reduce the risk of certain diseases, improve digestion, and combat inflammation. The benefits of cabbage are numerous, making cabbage slices a good candidate for some spotlight time on your plate.
HOW TO STORE CABBAGE slice
- If tightly wrapped in plastic, cabbage can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Make sure it is dry before storing. In proper root cellar conditions, cabbage will keep for up to 3 months. See article on root cellars.
- Follow this old-time technique to get the most out of your cabbage crop:
- In the summer, harvest the entire cabbage plant—stems, head, and roots—enjoying the head as usual and storing the roots in a root cellar through winter.
- As soon as the ground has thawed, plant the roots outdoors.
- Soon, fresh sprouts will form, which can be eaten alone or added to soups, salads, or a dish of your choice.
- These replanted cabbages won’t produce full heads, but they should go to seed by the end of summer, providing next year’s round of cabbage seeds!
- Note: This can also be done indoors on a windowsill in mid-to-late winter; keep roots damp and sprouts should form.