Get our carrots (carotte) from our online market store for only 18.00 MUR.
These garden-grown vegetables are full of flavor and texture! They are popular and long-lasting root vegetables that can be grown in many climates.
- We grow them in loose, sandy soil during the cooler periods of the growing season—winter because they can tolerate frost.
- Depending on the variety and local growing conditions, carrots (carotte) may take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to mature.
- We plant them in the spring and summer for a continuous harvest through fall!
- Twist or cut off all but ½ inch of the tops, scrub off any dirt under cold running water, and air-dry, in order to store these freshly-harvested vegetables.
- Seal in airtight plastic bags, and refrigerate.
- Store it in your refrigerator.
- Store in tubs of moist sand or dry sawdust in a cool, dry area.
- Leave mature carrot (carotte) in the soil for temporary storage if the ground will not freeze and pests aren’t a problem.
- Do not simply put fresh carrots (carotte) in the refrigerator, they’ll go limp in a few hours.
- Not all carrots (carotte) are orange; varieties vary in color from purple to white, and some are resistant to diseases and pests.
- Long-lasting carrots (carotte) are rich in sugar, and a great source of vitamins and carotene.