Green, yellow and ripe mangoes
Mangoes, usually in oval shapes is one of the best tropical fruits to consume. They are produced by the tropical tree Mangifera indica which is originated from Northeastern of India. It is often available during summer and the color of the fruit varies between green, yellow and red.
Uses of Mangoes:
Mangoes can be used in salads, desserts and to make juice. In addition, the fruit can be used to make pickles. People can boil the mango leaves and let it soak overnight. Drinking the leaf juice in the morning can help people to control high diabetes.
How to make fresh Mango Juice:
Mango juice is one of the healthiest liquid a person can consume. The steps for making the juice are:
- Wash and peel the ripe mangoes.
- Cut each mango till the seed is completely removed.
- Add the cut mangoes into a blender and grind till smooth.
- Add water and sugar (optional) and grind it again for taste.
- keep refrigerated. Best to drink chilled.
Health Benefits of eating mango:
- It helps fighting cancer.
The fruit contains several antioxidants such as gallic acid, astragalin, fisetin, quercetin, isoquercitrin and methyl gallate which can help to combat cancer.
- It helps to control Cholesterol.
Due to a high level of vitamin C and fibers, the fruit usually helps to maintain and control high cholesterol.
- It helps to control diabetes.
Mangoes have low glycemic index. Therefore, eating with moderation will not increase the blood sugar level.
- It is good for the eyes.
As the fruit is rich with vitamin A, it helps to improve eyesight
- It prevents heat stroke.
This fruit is perfect for summer. It refreshes and also helps to stay cool.
- It helps with good digestion.
Mangoes are rich with fibers. Therefore, it helps with good digestion and also minimize the risk of getting stomach diseases.