Mauritius’ economic and trade policies are liberal, with a trade-to-GDP proportion of 78.7 %. In addition, Mauritius aim to transform the island into an accessible and highly competitive economy, and to integrate into the global trade system. In comparison, the island has very few trade restrictions and limited import taxes. Mauritius has a structural trade deficit because it imported products more than it exports. As a result of the global crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, both exportation and importation decreased in 2020.
MAIN PRODUCT THAT CAN BE EXPORTED
- Live animals; horses, asses, mules, hinnies, bovine animals, swine, sheep, goats, poultry, fish, crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates and microorganic.
- Prepared or preserved fish ; caviar and caviar substitutes prepared from fish eggs.
- Cane or beet sugar and chemically pure sucrose, in solid form.
- T-shirt, singlets and other vests excluding knitted or crocheted.
- Men’s or boy’s Suits, ensembles, jackets, blazers, trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts.
- Diamond, whether or not worked, but not mounted or set (excluding unmounted stones for pick-ups, styluses, worked stones, suitable for use as parts of meters, measuring instruments).
- Frozen fish( excluding fish fillets and other fish meat of heading 0304).
- Fabrics, knitted or crocheted of a width of >30cm.
- Women’s or girls suits, ensembles, jackets, blazers, dresses, skirts, divided skirts, trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts.
- Tobacco, Oilcrops, Rapeseed, Olives, Cassava equivalent, Nuts, Cereals, Palm.
- Vegetables provisionally preserved
- Vegetables : Prepared, frozen, dehydrated
- Spices (ginger, saffron, turmeric and other spices classified under H.S. code 09.10)
- Rice, Wheat or Meslin flour
- Other prepared or preserved meat, meat offal or blood
- Fruit juices, Non-alcoholic beverages (soft drinks)
- Pineapple, litchi, passion fruit, pepper, capsicum, breadfruit, jackfruit, avocado, papaya, anthurium flowers.
- Avocado, Melons, strawberries, Carambolas
- Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage
Countries where Mauritius will export
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
Access Date: July 2022