In Mauritius, medicinal plants and natural remedies thrive during winter. Plants like Ayapana and Ginger contain medicinal properties and are used in herbal tea. It’s no secret that tea is a popular choice for people looking to improve their health in a natural way. Whenever you want something to warm you up in winter, herbal tea is the best solution. They also consist of a variety of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, depending on the medicinal herbs.
Benefits of consuming herbal tea during winter :
- Boost your immune system.
- Tea Can Help Reduce Pain and Soreness.
- Help Prevent Chronic Diseases.
- Aid in sleep disorders such as insomnia or restless sleep.
Example of herbal tea :
- ginger tea – Help to reduce blood pressure, ease migraines and headaches as well as weight loss. It is also useful for period pain.
People infuse the leaves of Ayapana and drink them as herbal tea. It also contains a nice aroma.
Benefits of Ayapana:
It relieves the problems of cough, cold, sore throat, and headache. Ayapana leaves are also used to heal cuts, scrapes, and wounds. It also prevents vomiting and cures stomach aches, nausea, and indigestion problem.
Therefore ginger and ayapana continue to play a significant part in Mauritius’ healthcare.