Mauritius Onion Market: An Eight-Year Overview of Production and Imports (2015-2022)
- August had an import of 311.75 thousand tons in Mauritius onion market.
- October had a big import of 2,053 thousand tons.
- In January, the local onion production reached 1,422 thousand tons.
- September had another strong local harvest of 3,375 thousand tons.
- In January, a robust 1,680 thousand tons of onions were grown locally.
- October had a peak in imports with 1,491.43 thousand tons.
Let’s explore how onions have been grown and brought into Mauritius over the past years.
- In January, 48.9 thousand tons of onions were grown locally, and 1,260 thousand tons were imported.
- In May, the local onion production reached 32.9 thousand tons.
- October saw a massive local harvest of 3,715.6 thousand tons.
- November also had a significant local harvest of 2,344.7 thousand tons.
- In January, the local onion production totalled 21 thousand tons.
- February had a big import of 1,568 thousand tons.
- September saw a high local harvest of 3,375 thousand tons.
- March had a peak in local production with 1,540 thousand tons.
- April saw a significant import of 2,744 thousand tons.
- In January, imports reached 1,572.24 thousand tons.
- In September, there were no imports.
- In April, imports were substantial at 2,016 thousand tons.
- There was no data available for local production or imports in September and October.
- Onion farming in Mauritius had its highs in 2015, 2016, and 2018.
- Import patterns varied, with notable peaks in 2017, 2019, and 2020.
- In 2021, there were no onion imports in September, suggesting a change in supply.
These statistics give us insight into the onion industry in Mauritius. The data shows ups and downs in local production and imports. Keep an eye on future data to see how these trends continue.