Benefits of lettuce :
- Low in calories
- High in fibre
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
tips to grow lettuce
1.Choose a location : Lettuces prefer a cool temperature. If you live in a hot region, choose a space that receives morning light and afternoon shade. You can also plant lettuce in containers but you should make sure that the containers are large enough.
2. Soil : The soil must be well-draining soil. Add compost to provide nutrients to your plants.
3. Planting : If you are sowing seeds make sure you cover it with a thin layer of soil. In addition, choose the right time to sow the seeds. As soon as you see 2 to 3 leaves, the plants can be transplanted. For small lettuce plants make sure you leave space between each and every plant to allow proper growth.
4. Watering : It is important to water the plants right after sowing or planting. This will allow it to settle. The soil must be moist but avoid overwatering. Overwatering can cause the roots to rot.
5. Provide shade : Too much sun can kill the plants. Use a shade cloth to provide shade.
6. Harvest : Lettuces are harvest when the leaves become about 5 to 6 inches.