Beetroot vegetable known as the beet develops as a globular bulb with a leafy tip sticking out above the dirt. Although they are not botanically related, turnips and radishes resemble beets in shape. The most popular garden beet has a rich ruby red hue. While beet is the term given to this vegetable most frequently in the United States, beets are typically known as beetroot in other British countries.
- Healthy heart It improves heart health and reduce blood pressure as it has high nitrate levels.
- Diabetes Beets lower glucose levels as it has antioxidants like alpha-lipoic acid.
- Digestion It is good for gut health and promotes smooth digestion. Include beet in your diet to increase fiber.
- Cancer Some nutrients found in beet can prevent cancer. Substances such as betalains helps.
- Athletic performance Beetroot are said to improve oxygen absorption during exercise. It improves athletic performance overall.
It can be roasted, steamed, boiled, pickled or even be eaten raw. They make good side dishes and salads. Beet juice is also a good option and has lots of benefits.
Beetroot juice Peel the beetroot and blend it. You can add fresh orange, mint, pineapple, apples, lemon and ginger. Strain it and enjoy.
Typical Beetroot egg salad Boil some beetroot with potatoes,carrot,egg. Peel the boiled vegetables and remove egg shell. Cut the vegetables and slice the egg. Add salt, pepper and some finely sliced onions and green chillis. Mix all together and you have your salad. Grated or sliced raw beets can also be added to any salad.
There are no reviews yet.